An arrest can qualify as a genuinely traumatic experience. For first time offenders especially, arrest and transport to detention can confuse and terrify, and leave them unprepared to handle their own release. If you or a loved one needs jail release from pre-trial detention, Tom Culbreth Bail Bonds is the local bail bonds service to trust. We have a great deal of experience with the navigation of our local jail system, and can generally have clients released with the utmost expediency.
At Tom Culbreth Bail Bonds, we’re proud of our business and the service we provide our clients. You simply can’t beat us for speed or integrity when it comes to bail bonds service in Cocoa, FL. If you need our help, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 321-638-2245. We’re available day or night, and can orchestrate a jail release as quickly as the procedure allows.
Dedicated Bail Bonds Service
Pre-trial detention can certainly feel like an infringement of personal rights. After all, where is the justice in detention of a defendant before he or she is proven guilty? Bottom line, pre-trial detention exists to ensure the accused’s appearance in court. The bail process acts as another security in this regard, one that allows the defendant freedom until a trial. Bail uses the enticement of money to ensure that a defendant doesn’t flee. The more serious the crime, the higher the bail, to account for an increased tendency toward flight.
If a defendant cannot pay bail, he or she usually turns to a bondsman. Bail bonds service acts as a type of surety bond, or an agreement between multiple parties. The court allows the defendant to walk free, upon their promise to appear in court. The bondsman acts as security, and becomes accountable for the full bail amount should the defendant take flight. An individual can only post bail if it has been set by a bail schedule or judge. Crimes with a standardized bail allow for release practically anytime. Those that require a judge become set in the defendant’s arraignment hearing.
In Florida, as with other states, crimes fall into categories based on their seriousness. The two major categories are misdemeanors and felonies.
Misdemeanors: Though misdemeanors generally have lighter consequences than felonies, this does not mitigate their seriousness. Even the most minor of misdemeanors, a second degree charge, can warrant 60 days in jail and a fine of $500. Typical misdemeanors include marijuana possession, DUIs, petty theft, and simple battery.
Felonies: There exist five types of felonies, with a third-degree crime as the least serious. At the other end of the spectrum exists capital offenses, which carry the threat of death. Third degree felonies can impose a jail term of up to five years, whereas a second degree crime can lead to incarceration for 15 years, and a first degree offense for 30 years. Finally, there exist life felonies, which land in the spectrum between capital offenses and first degree charges.
- Felony Bail Felonies are serious crimes. Nevertheless, you can depend on our team for bail services.
- Misdemeanor Bail Misdemeanors will also lead to pre-trial detention, so make sure to contract us for release.
- Cash Bonds Occasionally, a judge will issue a cash bond to require full payment from defendants themselves.
- DUI Bail Bonds DUIs are a common arrest, with the first two incidents charged as misdemeanors.
- Drug Charge Bail Bonds Aside from marijuana possession, drug charges are a serious matter.
- Domestic Violence Bail Domestic violence occurs through any assault or battery of family, household members, or romantic partners.
- Weapon Violation Bail While federal law allows gun ownership, Florida has many rules and regulations in place.
- Assault Charge Bail Assault occurs through the threat of violence, whereas battery occurs through actual violence.
- Disorderly Conduct Bail A common charge, anything that disturbs the general piece can count as disorderly conduct.
- Probation Violations These occur when a defendant does not honor the terms of his or her probation.
- Theft Charge Bail Theft charges become more serious as the value of stolen goods increases.
- 24/7 Emergency Bail Bonds We’re always ready, day or night, for the service of our clientele.
- Juvenile Bail Bonds If you know or are responsible for a juvenile defendant, contact us for a bail bond.
Trust Our Team for Bail
The next time you need a bail bond, whether for yourself or a loved one, make sure to contact the experts at Tom Culbreth Bail Bonds. For bail bonds service in Cocoa, FL, we’re the unbeatable local source. To learn more about our company, ask any questions, or begin bail bond efforts, simply give us a call at 321-638-2245.